More info about the EAS at: https://www.rrca.org/resources/event-directors/guidelines-for-safe-events/eas
Hot2Trot also will reference the OSHA-NIOSH Heat Stress Safety Tool and use same color coding as listed above. It calculates a real-time heat index based on current forecasts to a specific location. Tool features:
If you care to learn more about this tool or wish to install it on your own phone for reference anytime you run here is the link: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/heatstress/heatapp.html Please take the time to review these systems before you run. We want to ensure you have a safe and fun run and return each year to set a personal record!
· Receive GPS-based progress alerts at mile points on the course for current pace and estimated finish time.
· Post to your Facebook and Twitter walls.
· Have friends and family track your performance.
· Supporting spectators can track your blue dot moving along the course from home or at the race site.
· NearMe proximity alerts notify spectators when you are drawing near.
· Find each other using RaceJoy’s MeetUp tool.
· Receive fun, motivational audio cheers from your supporting fans.
· Start sending cheers to others doing the race at any time.
The Hot 2 Trot Run presented by Summit Credit Union is sponsoring RaceJoy to provide participants and spectators these features for free (normally a 99 cents upgrade fee for both the participant and spectator).
Note: - Participant must carry phone - No official race timing information is provided for this race in RaceJoy.